[3] Upstart Goblin

[2] Accumulated Fortune
    [2] Gift Card
    [3] Hope for Escape
    [3] Jar of Greed
    [3] Legacy of Yata-Garasu
    [3] Threatening Roar
    [3] Waboku

* Note this is what I found of his decklist. Once I find the whole thing with the side I will add it on here.
    Ayane is possible THEE best Yugioh person I've ever encountered, plus she's a sweetheart.<3 --Jun Tao--

My Shop The Card Cabana! --We trade,sell and maybe even buy!---
    The Card Cabana!'s Info section Here

Need advice on your taxes? Have a tax question? Come get Tax Help!

Got some issues with your family? Are you a parent and need somewhere to turn? Sibling problems? Come to the Help Desk!

Want a recipe? Put in a request or try something new! My book Ayane's Recipes!

Re: Jarel Winston's Exodia Decklist

Glad to see Exodia take top 8 at worlds. Honestly suprised I don't see the Destiny Hero engine or the Wonder Wand engine in here. But, variations are always a welcome thing to the game .
    My Trade/Sales Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skype chat
    Ginzaki: Bulba was elected as Pope...despite not being Catholic.
    [2:48:17 AM] Bulbazak: He is currently nowhere to be found...

Ah Upstart Goblin, not much of a set back if life points aren't a part of your win condition. A lot of draw power in a single deck.

You're right Eddie, it is nice to see Exodia going places. Good hint that oldies can always be goodies.

The tech of Upstart and Hope for Escape was pretty amazing too. Not sure if anyone caught that as part of the strategy as well.

Please copy and share if you like the site.

Trade List

Fox's Hunting Grounds

Hadn't even thought of that one... makes getting a good whack across the head worth it.

Well if you think about it, this is largely the Final Countdown engine with 2 more dead cards (aka, the 5 Exodia instead of the 3 Final Countdown), but with the advantages of being able to employ cards like Jar of Greed & Legacy of Yata Garasu and not have to keep up your shield for 20+ turns because you'll ideally draw into your win condition even faster.

Then when we get into the exact setup, the only cards that really had me questioning were the Gift Cards, but even those make sense when you take into account how much more live they make Accumulated Fortune & Hope For Escape. I mean with these, you don't run the risk of needing to use up your defenses earlier than you'd otherwise want, meaning that to me anyway, I see them as putting you ahead of the game even though they technically don't do anything to further your win condition on their own, which shouldn't even really matter for a deck as unorthodox as this one that's goal is so far removed from what we normally think about when being on either side of the table.

When I first saw the deck on the live feed I was quite confused as to what was going on. I knew there was an Exodia, but it just did not seem like the classic Exodia that was being played. I was excited to see the chains and how it played.
    Ayane is possible THEE best Yugioh person I've ever encountered, plus she's a sweetheart.<3 --Jun Tao--

My Shop The Card Cabana! --We trade,sell and maybe even buy!---
    The Card Cabana!'s Info section Here

Need advice on your taxes? Have a tax question? Come get Tax Help!

Got some issues with your family? Are you a parent and need somewhere to turn? Sibling problems? Come to the Help Desk!

Want a recipe? Put in a request or try something new! My book Ayane's Recipes!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information